Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March's focus: FOOD STORAGE

"Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing, and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God" (D&C 109:88)

This month we are going to sort of focus on food storage, but we'll talk about anything and everything that YOU want to talk about.  We have a canning date at the Ogden Home Storage Center on Saturday, March 19, at 1pm.  We have 1 station for 1 hour, but things have been so slow there that we can probably stay longer or take another station if we need to.

I worked in the office of that cannery every Saturday for a year during the last "panic".  It was so much fun and easy.  If you've ever wanted to serve a mission close to home on your schedule then the cannery is a great place.

If you go to providentliving.org and follow the links to food storage order form then you can see the offerings at the cannery.  Some of the tasty favorites are the apple slices and hot cocoa.  If you want some products then fill out the order form and give it to me with a signed, blank check.  It needs to be blank because they are sometimes out of some things or their prices change without notice.  I've done this a lot and can tell you that blank checks are by far the easiest and most efficient way to do this.  You get copies of all receipts so you know I've been honest.

For the record, I'm new to blogging, so .  . . be paitent and participate.  Send me any pictures and posts you would like to add.  Or you can just comment under the post.  Also, if you have anything around the house you want to get rid of you can offer it to the ward members here.  We had one of these in our last ward and it was a great success.

3 comments:

  1. Brenda, thanks so much for getting us moving on food storage again. I don't know about everybody else, but I need constant reminding. I appreciate all you are doing for us ward members to get us prepared. Lisa Morby

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does (D&C 109:88) mean? I hope you don't mind me asking!!
    ~Jilly ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm Mormon and that is a scripture reference in the Doctrine and Covenants. I'm sorry I only just saw your post. I've been in school for the last two years and haven't been able to add to this blog. I'm done now and can focus on it again. I'm having a sprouting class on August 1st if you are in Northern Utah.

      Delete